Friday 18 March 2016

Mzee – Unatuachaje?

Every time I visit our shamba, just about time I leave the shamba, shamba boy – if I have not given him anything – he would ask me, as I walk into my car, "Sasa Boss Unatuachaje?" literal translation – "Boss, how do you leave us?" meaning, I should not leave them without some means to improve their livelihood in the shamba in my absence.

I thought about this one day as I was leaving the shamba, one day on my death bed, my children, grandchildren, friends and relative will look me in the eyes as I am about to leave this earthly existence into a better world, they will have the same question to me, "Timothy, HOW do you leave us?"

I want to pause this very same question to you Sir, Madam, Young and Old . . . what will your answer be when your time come to exit this earthly world when you are asked, "How do you leave us – Madam|Sir?" would you have the guts to smile and tell a tale of the legacy you are leaving behind?

I would like to inspire you, regardless of where you are, to begin to think of what you are going to leave behind when you time is up – when your name is called to be absent from the body and be presented before the Almighty God, have you thought and began to prepare your legacy for the generation that is going to come after you?

No Regrets – this is the life I have chosen to live; that at the end of my life I will have no regrets.

For this reason, I will not allow fear of what would people think, fear of people, fear of failure, fear of criticism, fear of unknown stop me…I am here to do one thing and one thing only – live my life to the fullest – in service to those that I am called to be their servant.

_hire a car? return in a better state vs state you took it earlier on,
_tenancy ended? I leave that house in a better condition vs you found it,
_when I leave a hotel room likewise? do you leave mess or order?
_when you leave someone's presence, are they better off vs before you met?

The philosophy is LEAVE every-thing and every-place in a better state than the way you receive it. When you leave the world – those close to you, will they say you have left them better off or worse than before you entered their Lives?


So, question – UTATUACHAJE when your time is up?

Tim Kyara
iLearn| iTeach| iCoach
Light and Salt to the World: www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Financial Freedom Fighter: www.timkyara.blogspot.com
Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/timothy.kyara

No comments:

Post a Comment