Wednesday 22 June 2016

Generational Thinking

When I look at my father and my father's father, I see many choices that they made which, has huge impact on my life today. My great great grandfather decided to move from South – West Kenya to North – Eastern Tanzania, which essentially translated for me (160 years later) being a proud Chagga from Tanzanian as opposed to a Taita from Kenya. Sometimes I wonder what my life and my children's life would have turned out to be had he (great great grand father) not made that decision.

My father was working as a missionary in Nakuru Kenya, back in 1976 he decided to relocate to Dar Es Salaam Tanzania; the result, I grew up in Dar – made friends I made, went to schools I went, had experience I had and here I am today . . . my childhood and consequently my children's childhood came down from my father's choice to raise us up in Dar, Tanzania.

Today, we have many people, particularly men, who make life changing decisions in an impulse not knowing it will remain in the family for generations to come – be it positive or negative.

What decision are you making today which will have a significant impact in your life and that of the generations to come. Think about a business you are thinking to start, a company you are building or about to build, a school, college or family.

Critically I think the most important decision which you need to make are 1. Profession, 2. Career, 3. Life Partner, 4. Geographical Location to live, 5. Association|Affiliates...in light to YOUR CONTRIBUTION to the Society.

I would love for EVERY person to do at least one thing in a lifetime that will remain a memorial to the generations to come. Something that will cause the next generation to say, we are happy this person went before us and paved the way for us.

But here you are, thinking only about your car, your job, your house, your wife and your childrenshame on you if you die having only provided for just those!


What are you going to be, do and have as a seed for generations to come?

//WORD

Tim Kyara
iLearn| iTeach| iCoach
Light and Salt to the World: www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Financial Freedom Fighter: www.timkyara.blogspot.com
Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/timothy.kyara

No comments:

Post a Comment